13 Indoor Family Activities for a Rainy Day
If you live in a location where it rains (or snows) a lot, you understand that indoor family activities are a must for those days. Sometimes we want to revert to technology to keep us occupied, but that’s not ideal. It’s important to stay active with our families and sometimes that means getting creative! Keeping our bodies and brains active provides many benefits to our physical, mental, and emotional health.
13 Indoor Family Activities for a Rainy Day:
- Bring your garden inside- plant a windowsill herb garden.
- Create something- Scrapbook your most recent memories, or set up an art studio and paint as a family.
- Set up an indoor bowling game in your hallway with a ball and pins.
- Play the game of Twister.
- Learn a new dance routine and have a dance-off competition.
- Learn to play instruments and play songs as a family.
- Play a board game.
- Play charades.
- Put together a large puzzle.
- Sing karaoke and act out the songs.
- Make your favorite recipe from scratch.
- Jump rope contest- see who can jump the longest (just watch out for the ceiling and fans).
- Pop in an exercise DVD and get your bodies moving!
Although outdoor play is ideal, especially to soak up Vitamin D, sometimes it’s not possible due to the weather. These are just a few ideas to get your body and brain moving when your family can’t go outside and play.
Hopefully, this list sparked some ideas for you and your family! Let us know your favorite indoor family activities in the comments below.