5 Ways To Get More Energy
What are the best ways to get more energy? If you’re like most parents, you’re feeling drained and in need of natural ways to boost your energy levels so you can keep up with life.
Parenthood is exhausting. From the late nights to the early mornings, sometimes you may feel depleted.
Because parenting requires SO much energy, you need to ensure you are taking care of your body in every way possible. If you aren’t feeling optimal, parenting can seem even more tiring.
Here are the best ways to get more energy and beat that constant feeling of exhaustion:
- Eat for energy. Eating healthy foods fuels your body. It is essential to eat the right kinds of foods to ensure you’re giving your body the type of fuel it needs. Unprocessed foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and pastured or wild protein, are ideal. Avoid meals from boxes and packages that contain preservatives. Limit the amount of caffeine you consume also. The over-consumption of caffeine can cause mood instability and your energy levels to decrease once the caffeine wears off, leaving you more exhausted.
- Exercise at least 4-5 times a week. You may feel like you’re running around or chasing kids a lot. But be sure you are getting adequate exercise. Playing with your kids every day may seem like exercise, and sometimes it may be, but for your mental and physical wellbeing, it’s important to pay attention to the type and frequency of exercise too. Continuous activity is vital, such as walking for 30 minutes a few times a week. It releases endorphins and helps you maintain a more relaxed headspace.
- Supplement with natural energy boosters. Get more energy naturally by adding maca root and beetroot to your diet. These both come in powdered form and capsules. You can add the powders to your favorite smoothie, sauces, or sprinkle it in your salad. The possibilities are endless. Athletes use beetroot powder to increase their endurance and muscle strength while performing high-intensity training. Beets are a superfood high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and naturally occurring nitrates that also aid in recovery time and heart health! The nitrates in the beets allow for increased blood flow throughout your body. The powder and juice are more concentrated and thus contain higher levels of the nitrates. Beetroot powder is just a more concentrated and dehydrated form of beets.
- Reduce your stress levels. While this may seem impossible sometimes, try to control the amount of stress in your life. Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people, and you’ll instantly find yourself less stressed. Find ways to lower your stress levels when you’re in a stressful period such as yoga, meditation, prayer, affirmations, visioning, and others. You can also focus on gratitude and your blessings. This may give you an instant perk of energy and calm your mind. Read more about that here.
- Get plenty of sleep. Everyone’s sleep requirements vary, but be sure you’re waking up feeling rested. Aim for 8 hours of sleep per night and adjust as necessary. If you’re looking for sleep tips, be sure to check out our Guide to Better Sleep here.
Are you feeling tired and worn out? Avoid supplementing with massive amounts of caffeine and other things that will leave you feeling worse. Be sure to implement these natural ways to get more energy. These methods will leave you feeling refreshed and energetic. Your kids will thank you too because you’ll have more energy to play with them.
Still tired? You may be experiencing adrenal fatigue
If you’re still feeling tired after trying the above tips, you may have adrenal fatigue. Adrenal fatigue occurs when your adrenal glands are overworked, causing the glands not to release hormones (such as cortisol) properly. One of the many symptoms of adrenal fatigue is tiredness. Adrenal fatigue often occurs after a long period of constant stress.
To overcome adrenal fatigue, you can try a healing diet with unprocessed foods, eliminating the stressors, and taking herbal supplements.
Have you tried any of these methods to get more energy? Have they been helpful for you? Let us know in the comments below!