Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad
Dressing and Chicken Marinade
- 6 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2-3 bags broccoli slaw, or cabbage/carrot slaw
- 2 cups shredded/matchstick carrots
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 4 tbsp tricolor sesame seeds
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 orange, peeled and slices cut in thirds (or mandarin oranges, no sugar or syrup added)
- 1.5 cup sliced raw almonds
- Cut your chicken breasts into one-inch cubes (or smaller, based on your preference)
- Make the dressing/marinade first, by combining all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour 5-6 tablespoons of the dressing/marinade over the cubed chicken. Refrigerate and allow the chicken to sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- While you're waiting for your chicken to marinate, you can assemble the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Wait to add the sesame seeds until the end.
- After your chicken marinates for 30 minutes at least, cook it over medium heat. Stir it occasionally and cook it all the way through. Allow your chicken to cool completely before adding it to your salad.
- After your chicken is cooled, add it to your large salad bowl until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Add the sesame seeds and mix well again.
- Enjoy this delicious recipe!