Top 3 Superfoods to Eat Every Day
Superfoods are extra special foods found in nature that provide many benefits to our overall health. They are good for so many things, from digestion to anti-cancer effects. We put together our three favorite superfoods to eat every day to help you thrive and live a nourished life.
All of these superfoods can be used in various ways to ensure you take them each day. Each of them is anti-inflammatory too to promote a healthy body, free of pain and inflammation. You can mix them in smoothies, take them as supplements, or juice them for similar benefits. You can cook with each of these, too!
If you’re looking to get in high doses though, we recommend taking a supplement as it is more concentrated than other methods. The benefits of each of these are so powerful in regards to our health. Here are just a few reasons why you should each of these superfoods every day!
- High in medicinal properties due to the compound gingerol
- Can help treat morning sickness and nausea
- Aids in digestion and chronic indigestion
- Reduces muscle soreness from exercising or daily movement
- The anti-inflammatory compounds aid in treating osteoarthritis, by reducing inflammation in the joints
- Lower blood sugar levels and reduce chance of heart disease
- Reduces pain associated with menstrual cycles and cramping, due to its anti-inflammatory and pain-relief effects
- Can reduce cholesterol levels
- Raw ginger, with the 6-gingerol compound, reduces effects of cancer cells
- Gingerol, found in ginger, helps fight infections
Ginger can be found in raw or powdered form in most grocery and health food stores. It is a real superfood that you can eat every day.
- Contains medicinal properties to help combat sickness
- Most health benefits when chopped, crushed, or chewed
- Used to treat yeast infections naturally
- High in nutrients like Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C
- Daily garlic can help prevent the flu and common cold
- Helps improve blood pressure
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Helps improve cholesterol
- Contains antioxidants that help prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Helps prevent chronic disease and inflammation
- Reduces lead toxicity in your body that we are exposed to in the environment
Garlic is part of the onion family and contains so many health benefits. Cooking with it is our favorite, but we also take supplements as needed.
- Is a natural anti-inflammatory compound
- Increases the antioxidant capacity of the body
- Boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases
- Can lower risk of heart disease
- Can help prevent (and possibly treat) Cancer
- Can help prevent Alzheimer’s
- Has incredible benefits against depression
- May help delay aging and fight age-related chronic diseases
It’s recommended to find a product with BioPerine (the trademarked name for piperine), which is the substance that enhances curcumin absorption by 2,000%.
These are the top 3 superfoods to eat every day! Let us know which methods are your favorite to incorporate them into your diet. Check out our list of the Top 12 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to eat every day.